24 oz Trinidad Chocolate (rough chopped)
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 oz Butter
2 oz White Chocolate
Cocoa Powder for Dusting, Desiccated coconut (optional)
16 oz Couverture 70% Dark Chocolate (tempering)
Sorrel Brandy Chocolate – 1 oz Brandy, 3 oz Reduced Sorrel concentrate.
Spiced Banana and Coconut – 3 oz Crushed Banana, ½ tsp Cinnamon, pinch of Geera Powder, Coconut Essence.
Passion Fruit – ¼ cup Reduce Passion Fruit Juice, 2Tbsp Passoa (Passion Fruit Liquor) or 2 tbsp White Rum.
1) Heat the cream gently till little bubbles rise to surface.
2) Stir in and butter, till butter is completely melted.
3) Pour cream over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
4) Separate evenly into 3 separate bowls.
5) For the Passion Fruit Ganache, fold in white chocolate, rum, liquor and reduced passion fruit juice. Whip with a wire whisk till almost smooth like butter. Allow to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
1) For the spiced banana and coconut; fold in crushed banana, essence, cinnamon, geera. Chill for 1 hour.
2) Using a melon baller or small ice-cream scoop, dip into hot water then scoop medium sized ball onto your lined tray. Allow to set for another twenty minutes then roll into perfect rounded balls. Garnish with toasted desiccated Coconut.
Sorrel Brandy Bon Bon
1) Place, ganache, sorrel and brandy into a blender and pulse till just combined. Chill for one (1) hour.
6)To temper chocolate for coating or drizzling; place 12oz of chopped chocolate in a double boiler, allow to melt, remove bowl from heat and add remaining chocolate to melted chocolate and stir with your spatula till smooth and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
N.B: If you are in possession of shaped candy molds, temper chocolate and drizzle into molds. Knock out excess chocolate and allow to set in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Pipe Ganache into shell and allow to set again. When firm, cover with remaining tempered chocolate and allow to set.