2 Beef Striploins
1 Tsp Chief Brand Salt
1 Tsp Chief Brand Black Pepper
3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Of Small Diced Onions
½ Tbsp of Minced Garlic
1 ½ Oz of Dark Rum
5 Oz of Beef Brown Stock
1 Oz of Dark Chocolate ( Shaved )
1) Place a medium sauté pan over high heat.
2) Season Strip loins with salt and black pepper on both sides. Add 2 Tbsp of veg oil to the pan, and place strip loins on to sear. Add the butter and as it melts, use this to baste the steak as it cooks. Cook for 2 Minutes on one side, then flip and cook 1 minute on the other.
3) Remove pan from heat but let the steak sit in hot pan to continue cooking.
4) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and sauté the diced onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the dark rum to deglaze, and then pour in the brown stock. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half the quantity. Lower the heat, and add in the shaved dark chocolate.
5) Remove pan from the heat and stir to melt chocolate. Add a dash of salt and taste. Flavours should be balanced with a savoury yet slight sweet note.
6) Take your strip loin, and cut on the bias, and drizzle your Chocolate Espagnole sauce atop. Serve with mashed potatoes, sauté vegetables or even roasted sweet potatoes.