6oz Trinidad Chocolate, 4oz White Chocolate, 8g Gelatin, 375g Heavy Cream, 375g Custard, 1 tsp Cardamom Powder, 1oz Crème de Cacao
3 Egg Yolks, 50g Sugar, 250g Heavy Cream
10oz Trinidad Chocolate, 5oz White Chocolate, 1.5oz Crème de Cacao, 2 tsp Gelatin
Instructions for Mousse:
1) Make custard first. Heat heavy cream on low heat.
2) Add egg and sugar together in a stainless steel bowl.
3) Add heavy cream to egg and sugar mix.
4) Place over a water bath until it comes thick (do not over heat as eggs may scramble).
5) Strain and set aside. Mix Trinidad Chocolate and White Chocolate and melt over a water bath. Add warm custard into it.
6) Bloom gelatin powder in cold water, and then melt.
7) Whisk heavy cream to soft peaks, do not over whip.
8) In a large bowl mix melted chocolate, whipped heavy cream, cardamom powder, crème de cacao until all is combined and mixture is smooth. Pour into desired molds or rings and allow to set.
1) Melt Trinidad Chocolate and White Chocolate.
2) Add crème de cacao and gelatin. When mousse is set pour glaze over and allow to set.